Wednesday, March 23, 2011

runnin with Nelly, but for the cause.

Props to BR in convincing me to run the 10th Annual Harpoon 5-Miler. The run, which is on Sunday May 22, benefits the The Angel Fund for ALS. The $40 fee gets you entrance to the race, free t-shirt, post race party at the Harpoon Brewery, two beer tickets, race day meal and helping raise over $100,000 for the The Angel Fund. That is a whole lot for the price. Running for the cause is worth every penny. 
I have also rekindled my love for Nelly, but really just Country Grammar. I'll never forget the summer it was released despite it being 11 years ago. That album has such catchy hooks and creative lyrics. It's been all over the gym playlist. I dare you to listen to Country Grammar, E.I., Ride with Me and Greed, Hate, Envy in succession without head bobbing. I think running and Nelly go together, hence the above correlation.

Lastly, my thoughts and prayers go out to those impacted by today's bus bombing in Jerusalem. It will always be a special place to me, and hearing of this news after two years of quiet stings.
To the right side: Placing my note in the Western Wall. Jerusalem

No comments:

Post a Comment