Thursday, March 31, 2011

Craig's List. And finding my way back.

The second rendition of Craig's List...

Yay:

-Sunny south Florida! Vacation in 48 short hours.

-Opening Day for the Red Sox.

-Re-connecting with friends from Israel, and learning they’re all doing well.

-Golf season is right around the corner, and I’m playing with the girlfriend’s brother in law soon to get the swing back

-Finishing Kitchen Confidential (Awesome read)

Nay:
-At least 120 were killed in an ammo factory blast in Yemen.
-The brutality of sharks from Shark Finning, which I heard about in depth on a NPR podcast originally from 2004.
-Reading Erik Ainge’s personal battle with addiction, without knowing its severity and how sad it is.
-The current weather. We’re all over this weather.
In addition to Craig's List, exciting news has lit up the radar. I will be starting a new job when I return from vacation after giving notice at MultiPlan. I was offered an Assistant Site Editor position at one of TechTarget's websites and I happily accepted. Remaining in the health sector is exactly what I wanted, and this position encompasses all the journalistic principles pertaining to health IT. I have been yearning to get back into writing and editing for months; it's the root of what I love. I've internalized an abundance of health-related information over the last year. Naturally, I can transcend that information to the newest venture in my life and partake on the challenging transition that's ahead. I am nervous. I am thrilled. I am relieved. I am ready to learn. Furthermore, as I've come to realize, timing is everything. Some of you know another young professional who works at TechTarget. However, that person works on a totally different site. It's unknown if we will see each other at all. As the story goes, we worked together at The Informer, Hartford's school newspaper, and now for the same company as professionals. There must be something in the water.


Alas, it's time to pack for Florida. The upcoming week will be restful, alleviating all stress and preparing me for the next chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment