Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday things -- Easter and Jewish bagels.

Happy Easter weekend all!

My last post said there would be forthcoming Iron & Wine picture(s), so Sam Beam is gracing the background as promised. Again, my dearest apologies for a lack of wrinkles, sweat stains and emotions in the picture. It was simply not happening this time around.

Such fancy attire, per usual
Working from home on Friday's certainly has its perks. Besides work work, I get to cook and prepare meals for future consumption. Today, for example, I made turkey meatballs from scratch with all the fixins, and then they were seared, sauced and simmered.


I also made the girlfriend my version of the "ultimate Jewish bagel." It's pretty simple: toasted bagel, cream cheese, good quality lox and a sprinkle of scallion. It was delicately devoured. I have not convinced her to try gefilte fish a second time, but that's ok. I also bought macaroons (not the cowardly French type) and they remind me of being a kid.

My take on the perfect Jewish bagel



No comments:

Post a Comment