Tuesday, January 25, 2011

bringing the heat...to Cambridge

East Coast Grill in Cambridge, MA is hosting their annual Hell Night in a month, and I could not be more excited. In terms of gastronomic adventures, it’s not for the faint of heart or weak palate. Hell Night consists of a four-night spicy food feast with a sole purpose of creating atomic-like dishes at the public’s expense. It was featured in season one of Man vs. Food and the host, Adam Richman, needed a creamsicle to end the burning. The event boats a mix of chilies: ghost, habenero, cayenne, thai, scotch bonnet, serrano and jalapeno. They are used in exotic and mainstream dishes and it's cultural to that end.
 
The balance of pain and pleasure is a natural high. I admire the ability to harness a degree of spice just enough to enjoy a dish and still get other flavors. Hell Night has my name written all over it. It’s difficult to get a spot because chili-heads like myself yearn for such an event. I have never attended before and I really hope I get a reservation.

1 comment: