Sunday, February 20, 2011

doing the weekend synopsis...hello BFT!

What a full weekend it's been and will continue to be. For some reason, I'm up unnaturally early this morning so I wanted to do some writing and reading.


After work on Friday, the girlfriend and I went to Il Capriccio for an incredible dinner. We dined on short ribs, calamari stuffed with clams, lobster risotto and braised rabbit. What's more, I would later learn from a friend (who spent months in Italy) that Il Capriccio's cuisine is better than most in Italy. I'll take her word for it because not only is she a hardcore foodie, but the meal was that good. It was accompanied by delicious wine and even better cocktails. It's everything a birthday dinner should be. 


We ventured to a less classy establishment after that in which we met up the the crew. We marinated in scorpion bowls, mai tais and Kirin while simultaneously listening to painful karaoke. Considering there was 15 of us, it made it socially acceptable to be lounging in the basement of a Japanese restaurant with a disco ball. 


Saturday brought Dim Sum, something I've posted on before with great admiration. This time, however, friends joined the experience and displayed a willingness to try it all. A few dishes take a brave stomach and acquired taste, but the beauty of Dim Sum is there's something for everyone. We ended up getting 12 dishes for $40.


Then, with a satisfied palate and full belly, it was time for day drinking. All the fellas met up in Faneuil Hall to catch up, reminisce and share news. We worked our way to two watering holes before cashing in and heading back to Cleveland Circle to settle. We did work, though.


And now it's Sunday. I accept that fact I do not have tomorrow off because of the Barefoot Truth concert at Brighton Music Hall this evening. I have been aching to see BFT. It's been a long few months of waiting for this show. I'm hoping to get some great pictures and videos from it and post them at a later date. As for now, the girlfriend wants breakfast in bed so I have eggs to crack and fruit to cut up. 


I leave you with music to bring in your Sunday.



Barefoot Truth - OK
BFT









No comments:

Post a Comment