Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bur-days, getting relief and posing a question.

Major kudos to my friends for making my birthday bash what it was. I love you guys and gals. Your willingness to dance uncontrollably makes it all worth while. I appreciate y'all coming out to celebrate.

In other news, today marks the girlfriend's niece's first birthday. We are heading to see her family and get Thai food. I was in the hospital room after she was born and it's been a pleasure to watch her first year. The girlfriend's family are generous on birthdays so besides cake I'm sure to get something thoughtful, something meaningful.

Also, I learned today that one of my friends I met while in Israel is safe after the earthquake in Christchurch. He's been traveling the world and was in the city when the 6.3 magnitude quake hit. With a rising number of casualties, I was worried to say the least. Then, he wished me a happy birthday and informed me all is well. I suppose well as it could be for such a natural disaster. If you're reading this man, get home safely.



Lastly, I had a thought. With protests, revolts and revolutions making headway across the globe, would Saddam Hussein been overthrown? Given today's movements, would he had suffered the same fate as Hosni Mubarak and Zine El Abidine Ben Ali? I'm not seeking an in depth discussion or stating a political agenda. Rather, if the United States did not attempt to implement a democratic society would the people of Iraq taken such measures to dethrone their dictator?


1 comment:

  1. Eh. I doubt they would have overthrown Saddam anytime soon. It would take uber balls to be the guy who starts to organize that, until the group was big enough to overthrow him there would be almost certain death for being involved in the discussion.
    -JP

    ReplyDelete