Sunday, December 26, 2010

doing the Christmas thing

A second Christmas with my girlfriend's family has come and gone. I am incredibly fortunate to celebrate Hanukkah and Christmas with loved ones and I'll never take that for granted. I was the recipient of stellar gifts: Subscription to TIME Magazine, microfiber plush sheets, slippers, gloves, clothes, a slow-cooker, steak knives, magic-cleansing soap and lastly, a portrait of my girlfriend's nieces in matching attire. The portrait now graces our apartment. We ate, we drank, we played with small children and watched Santa Paws. It was wonderful.

Prior to Christmas, the girlfriend treated me to a facial at a spa in Cambridge. She is persuasive. It was...fun. Then, I took her to see Black Swan at West Newton Cinema. It is walking distance from our apartment and is quite unique. It was constructed in 1937, has only six screens, is cash only and prides itself on showcasing indie films. Therefore, it was a rare treat that Black Swan was showing. The film was everything I expected from Darren Aronofsky, whose resume includes Requiem For A Dream, The Fountain, Pi and The Wrestler. If you enjoy psychological thrillers, it'll make your blood boil.

Now it's time to watch the Patriots clinch home-field advantage throughout the playoffs!

No comments:

Post a Comment