Sunday, October 10, 2010

Joshua Radin Landing!

I'm overjoyed that Joshua Radin's new album, The Rock and the Tide, is being released on Tuesday. Melodies and catchy rhythms epitomize Radin, at least in the past. In hearing a few tracks off the record, his sound is louder but still has his crux of soft roots mixed in. His sound has changed -- or developed -- which is the case for many artists, and I am not sold on if I dig it. I had this talk with my girlfriend the other day in which she referenced Guster's transformation from Goldfly to their recently released Easy Wonderful. A valid example. The same applies to O.A.R. Perhaps a transformation of sound is what musicians strive for. Though, Jack Johnson has embraced the same sound for a decade and makes our longest of days bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment